[MPlayer-dev-eng] Next stable?

David Holm dholm at iname.com
Sun Jan 20 00:16:44 CET 2002

Hi,
this might sound stupid, but is there a timeframe for the next stable
release? MPlayer 0.60 will NOT compile against the latest dxr3 drivers
since I have greatly inproved both the driver and the mplayer device
since then. Most users pick 0.60 over a nightly tarball because they
think unstable = trash my harddrive. (I'm guessing adding the current
dxr3 code to 0.60 is totally out of the question)

Another thing that has been nagging me lately. I'd like to use spuenc
and the em8300 (dxr3/h+ processor) subpicture processor for overlays
when libvo2 is finished. Subpics likes to have a display duration
(instead of being drawn every frame). Would it be possible to implement
such a system for libvo2? It will save alot of cycles when using dxr3
cards, and will be alot easier to implement (for me).

//David