[MPlayer-dev-eng] XviD support is done

Vladimir Kushnir vkushnir at alfacom.net
Thu Jan 17 22:49:12 CET 2002

Hi, I can second you wrt encoding on FreeBSD. I had even simpler solution,
though - just "ln -s libxvidcore.so libdivxencore.so" and the same with
decore :-)

Unfortunately for some reason XviD doesn't playback at all - no image
under FreeBSD. Decoder works, I tested it with "mencoder -vc divx4", but...
Would anybody more knowlegable than me look at it?

On Thu, 17 Jan 2002, Christoph Lampert wrote:

> Well... actually I didn't do anything.
> XviD provides a API compatible to DivX4, so I just tried to
> compile with -lxvidcore instead of -ldivxencore and -ldivxdecore
> and it works.
>
> Encoding is about same speed as DivX, but files are smaller.
> Decoding is awfully fast, test for yourself. I had a factor of
> 3 to 4 here. But this may have been pure luck, please test.
> XviD does not play DivX3 contents, only real MPEG4 (like Divx4's).
>
> XviD core library is available at www.xvid.org. You only need to
> checkout the modul 'core'
>
> If your <stdlib.h> defines BIG_ENDIAN, then you should change includes in
> encoder/encoder.c decoder/decoder.c and image/image.c to
>
> #include <malloc.h>
>
> instead of
>
> #include <stdlib.h>
>
> gruel
>
> P.S. Could somebody modify configure for support? And what can we do
> to support DivX4 and XviD at the same time without name conflicts?

Regards,
Vladimir

--
Vladimir Kushnir - vkushnir at Alfacom.net