[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer without audio, do we do it ?

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Thu Jan 17 22:47:16 CET 2002

On Thu, 17 Jan 2002, Alban Bedel wrote:

> Many ppl on the user list ask about beeing able to listen audio asf stream.
> I have looked a little at it and got it working easly (see my last post). The patch
> I submitted need just a little more work (wich I alredy done) but it show the main stuff.
> I think we must include this feature, what do you think about it ?

	Do you mean MPlayer without video, rather than audio? Anyway, the
reason that MPlayer doesn't support this feature is that A'rpi (the big
man) has laid down the law on this matter and doesn't want MPlayer to have
this capability. It has something to do with fears that users would start
clamoring for more audio-related features that don't necessarily belong in
MPlayer. Personally, I'm not sure what this means. I would like to see
MPlayer modified to be an audio stream player, in addition to being a
kick-booty A/V or V player.

--
	-Mike Melanson