[MPlayer-dev-eng] video filter layer

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Jan 16 02:52:31 CET 2002

Hi,

> Arpi: Are you going to work on the filter layer now?

i'm on it.
just commited some stuff, nothing usable yet, but it will be done in few
days (i hope).

i merged several tasks to solve with this change:
- filter layer (will also handle external postprocessing)
- dec_video.c cleanup, make ->libmpcodecs conversion easier
- some work of libvo2 core, like colorspace conversion and direct rendering

old design:
codecs allocate their own buffers, decode images and then pass buffer
content to libvo. then libvo copied content to video memory...

new design:
we have an (un)allocated buffer (mp_image_t)
if it's possible, codec will render into our buffer
we pass this buffer to libvo

why is the new design better?
- we can get the buffer from libvo... -> direct rendering
- allocation and draw are handled at common place, easier to insert filters
or other goodies there

don't expect bug changes, they are closer to cosmetic/cleanup than new code
but it will help developing the above stuff...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu