[MPlayer-dev-eng] patch for xinerama

daniel carter hedonist at win.co.nz
Tue Jan 15 00:19:15 CET 2002

Attila Kinali wrote:

> On Sat, 5 Jan 2002 15:31:21 +0100
> Attila Kinali <kinali at gmx.net> wrote:
>
> > I'm at the moment waiting for some feadback on the new one
> > and will send it after some clean up again.
>
> Ok, Here it comes!

Sweet, just got back from holiday and tested it under a NVIDIA TwinView
Xinerama setup with both windowmaker and KDE, and it works great.  Tried xv,
x11, and gl2 output drivers.

Just out of interest ( i'm still learning the ways of C ), what was the
reason for creating the window and then moving it, rather than just creating
it with the correct coordinates in the first place as my patch did?  The way
my patch worked the video drivers didn't need to be xinerama aware, it was
all done in the initialisation of x11_common.c.  With your method each video
output driver needs a

#ifdef HAVE_XINERAMA
   vo_x11_xinerama_move(mDisplay,mywindow);
#endif

Also, if you have time, something i was going to work on in my patch was an
option like
-xineramascreen all
to display on all screens.  Would be great for displaying widescreen movies
across 2 4:3 screens side by side.