[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: DVD Docs

Panagiotis Issaris takis at lumumba.luc.ac.be
Sun Jan 13 16:03:33 CET 2002

> the DVD faq section should mention that if you have a cdr or another pio
> device on the same bus as the dvd and/or run the dvd or another device
> on the bus in ide-scsi mode dvd playback will be terribly slow
> (unwatchable).
Are you sure about this, because it would make me very happy :)
I can't play DVDs on my PC and my DVD shares the bus with my CDRW.
Could this be the reason why I can't watch DVDs? Once I copied
the DVD file (decrypted) to my HD and could watch that file
perfectly. I thought my CPU was just not fast enough to do decryption
*and* decoding.... I've got a AMD K6/2 350Mhz with 192MB of RAM and
a TNT videocard.

Anyone got a similar setup and is able to play DVDs?

With friendly regards,
Takis

--
  .-.                         | lumumba.luc.ac.be/takis/takis_public_key.txt
  /v\    L   I   N   U   X    | panagiotis.issaris at advalvas.be
 // \\  >Phear the Penguin<   | ICQ: 12764288
/(   )\
 ^^-^^