[MPlayer-dev-eng] libdha: PPC break report

Nick Kurshev nickols_k at mail.ru
Thu Jan 10 19:52:54 CET 2002

Hello, Mike!

On Thu, 10 Jan 2002 10:06:32 -0700 (MST) you wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, Nick Kurshev wrote:
>
> > This problem has no simplest solution :(
> > You should port it on PPC!
> > Although libdha has PPC port but only for Lynx OS (sorry - I don't know what is it)
>
> 	Yeah, I'm thinking along the lines of lots of #ifdef to get around
> the ASM code.

I wanted to rewrite it but decided that in this form it at least working on systems on which it was ported.

> > It you are not able to port it - I'm ready disable this stuff for PPC (include VIDIX).
>
> 	Thanks. I'll be able to test it later on.

Cool
> > So - if you are interesting with existance of this technology on PPC then port it.
> > Else it will be disabled for your system
>
> 	Near as I can figure out, it has something to do with direct
> hardware access, which sounds useful for optimizing graphics. However,
> since I don't even run an XServer on my PPC (still haven't bothered to
> figure out how), I won't be able to experiment much with this. (When I
> want to test graphic decoders, I use the png vo target and view the
> pictures on a different machine.)
I guess that as partial solution of this pronlem for Linux only systems could be:
/proc/bus/pci/devices
but porting of out(in)port imho requires taking linux sources but they are slightly messed imho ;)