[MPlayer-dev-eng] release today.

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Jan 2 19:32:00 CET 2002

Hi,

> > Please make sure it's late. Like 00:00 CET or something. I just got back
> > from a friend where I spent time during new year.
> > I think it's a bit strange to release a new version during the holiday
> > when a lot of people go away (to where they have no computer).
> > There are issues with the dxr3 sync still, I will try to fix it tonight.
> > Can't promise I'll make it, but please extend the 0.60 release as late
> > as you can...
> >
> Did you look at freshmeat.net?
> There are lots of new releases during holidays!
Agree. And this release was planned as Xmas release, just we delayed a bit
to avoid releasing buggy crap. Now we're ready and we really want to work on
new code which may break stuff and temporary disables some features.

> Anyway it would be possible to release 0.61 in the immediate future if
> something critical will be occured and fixed.
yes.

> IMHO, we should release mplayer frequently.
yes, but it isn't so simple.
maybe with having parallel cvs, one for release candidate, one for devel
stuff. like 2.4/2.5 for kernel. but i want to avoid it because of sync
issues.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu