[MPlayer-dev-eng] Getting libmpcodecs Off The Ground

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Tue Feb 26 23:14:14 CET 2002

Hi team,
	A'rpi, I'd like to get libmpcodecs off the ground and into the
prototyping phase in the very near future. I'll need some basic CVS
infrastructure support that only the CVS administrator can provide. Can
you please:
1) create the libmpcodecs directory in the CVS tree
2) copy (not move) a bunch of the codec files from the main directory to
libmpcodecs/ including the following .c files:
 adpcm.c
 cinepak.c
 cyuv.c
 ducktm1.c
 fli.c
 mpng.c
 msvidc.c
 nuppelvideo.c
 qtrle.c
 qtrpza.c
 qtsmc.c
 roqav.c
and the following .h files (which will ideally go away completely as soon
as we nail down the new codec interface):
 adpcm.h
 roqav.h
Additionally, I think these .c and .h files correspond to codecs; do they?
If so, please copy them as well:
 RTjpegN.c
 RTjpegN.h
 divx4_vbr.c
 divx4_vbr.h

The idea behind copying the files in the physical repository (rather than
checking them out, copying them to the new directory, then committing them
as new files) is to retain the development history. As I recall, CVS files
don't contain any path info and are relocatable in the physical CVS tree.

	The next step (which can be handled laster) is to create a basic
Makefile in libmpcodecs/ that will build libmpdcodecs.a and incorporate
that into the main Makefile, which will be modified to no longer compile
the codec files in the main directory. When we're confident this works, we
can remove the codec files from the main directory. Finally, we can start
creating files that conform to the new interface.

	I can take care of everything after steps 1 and 2 listed above.
But I need the CVS support first. Thanks...
--
	-Mike Melanson