[MPlayer-dev-eng] bt848 patches

Charles Henrich henrich at sigbus.com
Tue Feb 26 23:03:43 CET 2002

> EHH, i revived your patches today...  You've just wrapped the audio
> init...hmm, and it was broken.. :( The pts thing should be ok, but this
> audio init...i can't see the advantages (if it would work..) of it.

It felt cleaner than what was there, and as what was there didnt work, I didnt
worry too much about changing it?  I admit Im a bit unsure about the various
settings, grabbed most of them from other demuxers.  It does work well though,
if thats worth anything.

> Also it broke anything.. you set up values (i.e. sh_audio->o_bps) but the
> input values (i.e. sh_audio->samplerate) aren't queried.. just later, and
> wBitsPerSample was always 0, so our code knowd the stream as AFMT_U8...
>
> Did this code ever worked for you?

It has been working flawlessly, however I noticed the same bug last night, the
control() call needs to occur before the o_bps setup.

> Btw, I think we should move out audio stuff and add general dsp reader for
> demux_audio, your bktr and my v4l code uses dsp read too..

I'd love to have a general dsp reader, audio/video sync would worry me
somewhat with this though?

-Crh

       Charles Henrich         Eon Entertainment         henrich at msu.edu

                       http://www.sigbus.com:81/~henrich