[MPlayer-dev-eng] Neep some help from a proper user interface

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Tue Feb 19 18:31:35 CET 2002

Hi Arpi,

on Sun, 17 Feb 2002 12:22:47 +0100 you wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > as I wrote in another thread I done something I called demuxer demuxer
> > wich join two demuxer. It's take the audio stream from one and the video
> > from another. It can be used to use an external audio stream, but I don't kn
> > ow
> > how to put this right with the command line options. To do my tests I used t
> > his :
> > a -also-file option to select the second file and aid, vid > 255 to select t
> > he streams
> > from the second file (ie. a/vid 256 is the stream 0 of the second file, 257
> > the 1, etc).
> > This a pretty bad solution imho. Any better idea is welcome.
> > 	Albeu
>
> hmm. you should use the power of config/playtree :)
>
> so, if option -join (or something else) specified for a file, then next
> filename from cmdline/playlist (along with its options like -aid) should be
> processed and mixed together.

I reviewed a little structure of this stuff. Now it's created using 3 demuxer, one for
video, one for audio and one for subtitles. One demuxer can take two of these places.
So now I think to add -audiostream and -substream options to select external files.
-aid will apply to the file given to -audiostream (if any) and -sid to -substream.
Does anybody has something against that, or is it ok like this ?
	Albeu