[MPlayer-dev-eng] correctly interleaving audio/video in capture?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Feb 17 12:30:05 CET 2002

Hi,

> > it sounds to me like your hd is too slow. do you have any idea how much
> > write bandwidth it takes to record raw uncompressed video?? just at 320x24
> 0,
> > 30 fps, it takes over 9 megs per second, and at 640x480 it'd be over 36 me
> gs
> > per second!
>
> Yah I realize the bandwidth requirements.  Im more interested in what does t
> he
> DEMUXER error really mean?  Im sure its something Im doing wrong with the
> audio capture device..

demuxer buffer error happens when hte player/encoder core tries to read an
audio frame/block, but the demuxer fills all buffer space with video while
searching/waiting for audio. so, probably your audio grabbing code is
broken, or the audio-video delay at input is too big and the default 8mb
limit is reached too early. try to increase buffering linits at demuxer.h

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team