[MPlayer-dev-eng] The audio demuxer patch

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Feb 15 00:48:40 CET 2002

Hi,

> > *** free_stream() called ***
> Current CVS version should work. But it wont because of Apri's change in
> the file detection order. Apri should either reverse his change (should be s
> afe
> now) or correct the MPEG-PS demuxer.

fixed.
i've implemented fast mp3 detection (heuristics) to mpg-ps demuxer.
now it will recognize mp3 files after 100 valid headers.

changing demuxer order to check audio first won't be accepted. why?
it works for seekable media, but won't work for non-seekable one.
(it cannot seek back if mp3 audio detection fails, and as it skipped
mpeg-ps header it won't sync to mpeg stream or sync into the middle...)
and as mplayer is primarily a video player/encoder, i prefer detecting
video first, and if it fails then try audio...

i think i should write a common mpeg ts/ps/pes/es/mp3 demuxer to
avoid these missdetections.

other solution is using a big enough seek-back buffer while doing demuxer
initialization/detection.

> > Is ogg vorbis supported?
> No, but I'm trying to write another demuxer for ogg stream.
hmm. the ogg/vorbis audio "codec" in dec_audio also contains ogg demuxer...
(as the whole ogg stream is muxed into AVI files)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team