[MPlayer-dev-eng] TODO

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Tue Feb 12 20:56:43 CET 2002

Hi David Holm,

on 12 Feb 2002 20:23:01 +0100 you wrote:

> Hello,
> On Tue, 2002-02-12 at 19:43, Arpi wrote:
> > only player switches should be at mplayer.c
> > libvo switches at video_out.c, if it's specific to a single vo_XX then it
> > should be at vo_XX.c...
>
> Um, I never fully understood how this worked before. Someone should add
> a minor section about adding switches to tech-eng ;).
> It's simple enough now that you explained it to me.
	You can also add "private" switch. You should create a config_t struct
	like the one in cfg-mplayer.c, create a register function and add it in
	mp-opt-reg.c. Look in input/input.c I think it's pretty simple to understand.
	The main advantage is that you don't need to use global var anymore or
	always change cfg-mplayer.h once the framework is there.
		Albeu