[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [Mplayer-cvslog] CVS: main/libvo vo_x11.c,1.51Thu Jan 31 12:25:49 2002

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Feb 1 18:10:10 CET 2002

On Thursday, 31. January 2002 11:28, Arpi wrote:
> > > anyway, the next thing come in the todod list must be the codecs
> > > priority setting. and it's default should be set up by ./configure,
> > > depending on libs detected (libavcodec, divx4, xvid, win32 etc)
>> > if you're interested, i could write a script to generate codecs.conf
> > at compiletime. do you think it would be better to have a source file
> > for codecs.conf with directives to handle this sort of preprocessing,
> > or should such a script just parse codecs.conf as it stands now and
> > rewrite an output codecs.conf itself?
>
> no no
> i don't want to touch codecs.conf...
> i had an idea, to make an option: codecs_priority=ffdivx,mpeg12,h263xa,...
> so users can force a given order of codecs. it could default to compiletime
> setting generated by configure.
We could -as an alternative- use codecs.conf.template which consists of
codecs entries followed by "priority SED_PRIO_FFDIVX" or something along the
lines, then configure could replace the "SED_..." string with an appropriate
number using sed and write the output to codecs.conf. (I implemented priority
field in codecs.conf some time ago but it's cureently unused.)
--
Best Regards,
	Atmos