[MPlayer-dev-eng] LC_ALL=tr_TR problems with current mplayer code

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Sat Dec 14 16:15:38 CET 2002

Heyo,

On Tue, 10 Dec 2002 04:55:33 -0800 (PST)
ismail donmez <voidcartman at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I found two places where LC_ALL=tr_TR causes problem
> in mplayer compilation and/or execution. Maybe some
> other locales affected to especially if uppercase of
> "i" is not "I" but something else.

Well, Turkish is AFAIK the only language which has
this problem (or is there any other language with
this i/i-without-i-dot ?)

> First problem is the vidix pci_db.awk script which
> uses toupper() function without check so uppercase of
> "i" doesnt become "I" and causes compilation error.I
> think it can be solved by coding same script with
> perl. Would this get accepted ? ( dependency on perl
> to compile ) .

I cannot reproduce it. (Maybe because i dont have a fully
turkish system). Can you please be more specific ?

> Second problem happens when loading qtx dlls mplayer
> crashes at init_audio_codec if -noaudio used it
> crashes at init_video_codec . If I set LC_ALL=POSIX
> its all ok. I didnt check the code but some locale
> dependant functions probably the problem here too.

Please read bugreports.html

		Attila Kinali

--
He! Do sitzed jo Fraue wo i nöd kenne! Was mached die do ?
		-- Emi im ETZ