[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: divx4/xvid

lumag at qnc.ru lumag at qnc.ru
Thu Dec 12 02:52:21 CET 2002

Hi.

> On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 12:40:32AM +0000, lumag at qnc.ru wrote:

> (repairing top-posting)

> > > I think both can be built at the same time.
> >
> > Sorry, but look at configure script (lines 4038-4058+): Only if
> > libxvidcore hasn't function decore, divx4/5linux are checked!
> > Else they(DivX[45]Linux codecs) are automatically marked as disabled!

> Doh ! you're right. Well, one can link with "-lxvidcore -ldivx4" so
> that divx4 decore() function overwrite xvid version. I don't know if
It probably will work, but for example on my system (Linux i686 + glibc
2.3
 + gcc-3.2/gcc-2.95) the function from first declared library is used.
> it would work or not, I can't check (no divx4/5 on freebsd). Another
> way would be to build xvid without "divx4.c" in
> "${XVIDSRC}/build/generic/Makefile.inc".
And to have broken xvidcore?

Probably the better way is to use libxvidcore & libdivx[en/de]core as
plugins,
 and select [en/de]core functions at runtime. I don't know, if such
method
 can be used: I don't know well the theory of dynamic linking and
plugins.

Dmitry.