[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: VIDIX and swscaler support for vo_svga.c

Matan Ziv-Av matan at svgalib.org
Mon Dec 9 18:17:43 CET 2002

Arpi wrote:

> vidix is ok, but we cannot accept swscaler support.
> there us -vop scale for this purpose, with direct rendering
> (get_image() implemented in vo driver) it has the same effect.

So what is the vo driver supposed to do when d_width!=width, or
d_height!=height ?

> could you make a patch containing only the vidix part?

I can (actually all the sws code in the driver I sent is contained in
ifdef SWS blocks.)

I note that both vesa and x11 drivers do use this method. Is there a
canonical driver, to use as example in writing/maintaining other
drivers?

Matan Ziv-Av.                         matan at svgalib.org