[MPlayer-dev-eng] ogm seeking

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Sun Dec 8 08:38:30 CET 2002

Anyone know what the issue is with seeking in ogm files? It seems
mplayer sometimes seeks to non-keyframes, and in some cases it refuses
to seek at all. Also audio PTS jumps to 0 momentarily after seeks,
causing A-V correction to try to compensate and thus desyncing A-V
until PTS gets correctly identified again. I assume this is similar to
the way audio PTS always goes to 0 when seeking ogg files. Anyone know
what's wrong and if there's a simple way to fix it? ...or at least get
things working a little better? Nowadays I'm using ogm for all my
encodes so I can fit decent video bitrate on a single CD, and the only
thing I miss is clean seeking.

Rich