[MPlayer-dev-eng] Chainable demuxers?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Dec 5 14:34:53 CET 2002

Hi,

> is there an api in the demuxing section that permit to chain multiple demuxers ?
> i.e.
>
> something like
> stream->demux_ps()->demux_pes()->feed_es()

this example is bad, as ps==pes (same format, just the padding restrictions
differ) and ES "demuxer" is implemented in vidoe.c, not in demuxer layer.

> All the demuxers I've seen don't seem to be made this way, which would be very useful. (
> for example to implement a  Transport Stream demuxer)

there is, the ogg-in-avi works this way.
there is a demux_demuxers.c, it can build a demux stream from 1/2/3 other
demuxers. it's used for -audiofile.
also there is a stream_type_demuxer, which allow a demuxer to read from a ds
(demuxer stream) of another demuxer instead of the stream layer.
it can be used for mpegps-in-mov.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team