[MPlayer-dev-eng] wishlist round 3

Morten Volden mvolden at tdcadsl.dk
Sat Aug 31 15:57:54 CEST 2002

Arpi wrote:

>>A suggestion: The wishlist could then be used as a sort of project
>>planning tool to guide the development of MPlayer. The items in the
>>wihslist could be divided into catagories after wich release of MPlayer
>>they are planned for.
>>
>the problem is that wishlist items aren't even planned, just requested.
>such list you mention already exists for ages in DOCS/tech/TODO, with
>really planned features assigned to version and sometimes developer too
>

>the items on teh wishlist are requested by the users or others, but no one
>is interested in implementing of t core developers yet.

I see your point, and I agree.  It's difficult trying to control the
features for each release when nobody knows who or how long it will take
to implement them.

IMHO it is still a good idea to have some sort of prioritized list like
DOCS/tech/TODO. (One that is visible from some where on the home page
like Diego suggested. )

Regards

Morten Volden