[MPlayer-dev-eng] Wishlist round 2

Jonas Jermann jjermann at gmx.net
Thu Aug 29 12:11:58 CEST 2002

Hi

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 03:14:41AM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> OK, seems like the wishlist was a resounding success

[...]

>  * modularize all VOs and AOs, like vidix drivers; it'd make the main
>    binary smaller and packager's job easier

Should be optional IMHO for debian packages for example, donno..

>  * plugin structure for vop/aop

Same for this (optional).

>  * DVD navigation

What is the meaning of this? Isn't it what the ugly dvdnav
support in MPlayer should do?

> What I would like to discuss now is how to present this, we want to
> attract coders after all..  Put this into DOCS/tech/wishlist?  Create
> www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/wishlist.html?  Both?  Mail this to -users
> and hope for reactions?
> I'd like to hear about your suggestions.

In tech/wishlist it won't be read by many and those who read it
already know a big part of the content.
Maybe on the website, unfortunately the site isn't designed for
such things.
Maybe it should be extended to somehow include more things
(donations, ml archive, more) instead of just let them be
somewhere in the news history or at the end of the info site...

What I was wondering is: How should new suggestions be added?
If it's just over mail, it will freeze after this thread I'd
say, maybe a remark about where/how/if new suggestions should be
added is enough.

Regards
    Jonas