[MPlayer-dev-eng] Contract offer

Andres Toomsalu frame at pfm.ee
Wed Aug 28 17:08:21 CEST 2002

  Hi,

I need to get some issues with mplayer and matrox G400 tv-out solved or
to get a clear answer that these issues are permanent. As I'm not very
competent when it comes to framebuffers & etc on Linux and I also don't
have enough time to dig into it - so Im looking for somebody competent
to contract for that matter.
I have Matrox G400 marvel with Tv-out (16MB RAM), Ati TV Wonder, Sony
Jumbotron display on the wall (~2mx2,2m)
and P4 256RAM loaded with gentoo linux 1.2, mplayer 0.90pre6.

The goals:

1) To display movie clip blocks on Tv-out ( to Jumbotron) and between
blocks SAT-TV from Ati TV-Wonder video input (just killing previous
mplayer process and starting another with tv=on options for example).

2) When box reboots it would be desirable to get TV-out working again
and Mplayer outputting video input signal for example.

3) TV-out should not be displaying any terminal messages (only when
rebooting if that is unvoidable)...only logo picture or blank screen is
acceptable between clips or input switches.

4) TV-out should not be flashing between clips or input switches.

5) It should be controllable remotely (functionality: play tv, play
clips, stop mplayer and blank TV-out, switch from tv to clips and when
clips are finished automatically back to tv). For example it should be
controllable from Webmin custom commands module (user is presented with
some buttons which trigger some shell scripts).

6) More than one video input source is highly desirable...and as I have
had  problems with ATI TV Wonder anyway (colors messed up - working only
with i420 option but dropping frames)...so replacing ATI with something
better, more compliant and possible with multiple video inputs is desirable.

Would somebody like to contract for this stuff?
Budget is limited to 1000 USD.

Cheers,

Andres Toomsalu
frame-at-pfm-dot-ee