[MPlayer-dev-eng] Some misc patches to fix compile/install issues in general

Martin Schlemmer azarah at gentoo.org
Thu Aug 15 00:27:02 CEST 2002

On Wed, 2002-08-14 at 23:17, Arpi wrote:
> > /* Fixes some include problems during compile, thanks
> >  * to Gwenn Gueguen
> >  */
> > mplayer-0.90_pre5-widget.patch
>
> seems to be already applied/fixed
>
> > /* Fixes include problem - Azarah (10 Jun 2002)
> >  * Update for pre6 - Azarah (07 Aug 2002)
> >  */
> > mplayer-0.90_pre6-stream-include.patch
> imho the common gui .h file includes stream.h already, at least
> it compiles fine for me without this patch

Ill remove above two and check what reports I get back from the users.
This is now if it was not fixed after pre6.  Guess also I did not think
of the possibility that one or more of the hunks could cause the rest of
the problems.  Will verify that.

> >  install:
> > -	mkdir -p $(BINDIR)
> > -	install -m 755 -s -p *.so $(BINDIR)
> > +	mkdir -p $(LIBDIR)/mplayer/vidix
> > +	install -m 755 -s -p *.so $(LIBDIR)/mplayer/vidix
>
> hmm, are you sure it's ok? i should check where does the vidix driver search
> for the *.so files

This was the case for pre5 still, and seems the same for pre6.

--------------------simple 'grep -r VIDIX *' --------------------------
libvo/Makefile:CFLAGS += -DVIDIX_PATH='"$(prefix)/lib/mplayer/vidix/"'

Once again, this was to fix things user side, and as my card is not
yet supported by vidix ....

> > -  if (spu->packet_offset == spu->packet_size){
> > +//  if (spu->packet_offset == spu->packet_size){
>
> this is BAD FIX.
> it was "fixed" this way a while ago, but caused problems with some discs.
> please upload dump or send me such dvd disc producing problems and i'll try
> to find some better fix.
>
> also check that the difference between packet_offset and packet_size for
> those broken discs is less than 4, then i could accept something like
> ABS(spu->packet_offset-spu->packet_size)<4)

Will ask users with this problem to test it for us.

> actually this check is there to avoid running into broken spu packets.
> some discs has spu packets over chapters (first fragment and lats in
> different chapter) so at chapter switch it crashes in spudec.
>
> >  	mkdir -p $(LIBDIR)/mplayer/vidix
> > -	install -m 755 -s -p *.so $(LIBDIR)/mplayer/vidix
> > +	install -m 755 -s -p *.so $(LIBDIR)/mplayer/vidix || :
> >  uninstall:
>
> what the hell is this? i'm not a makefile wizard, but i can't understand
> what is this || : good for.

In some rare cases (--enable-vidix was not given ..), vidix do not get
compiled, but 'make install' tries to install the '*.so' 's, causing
it to fail with error.  The '|| :' just causes it not to quit with an
error if it fails.

Not the proper fix I know, but it will take some time to get to the
bottom of the real problem.  Lets just say this was an attempt to get
the problem some attention =)

> >       guiIntfStruct.Position=0;
> >       guiIntfStruct.AudioType=0;
> > +#ifdef USE_DVDREAD
> >       guiIntfStruct.DVD.current_title=1;
> >       guiIntfStruct.DVD.current_chapter=1;
> >       guiIntfStruct.DVD.current_angle=1;
> > +#endif
> >

> seems to be already fixed/applied

Hmm, once again, Ill check it again against current cvs snapshot.  I
will not be able to say for sure until next release, as I in general
do not want to add cvs versions of packages ...   I will reconsider this
however.

Thanks,

--

Martin Schlemmer
Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Developer