[MPlayer-dev-eng] libmpdvdkit upgrade?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Aug 10 00:34:59 CEST 2002

Hi,

Some ppl at -users requested that ypgrade libmpdvdkit to use latest versions
of libdvdread/libdvdcss. Yes, they really have some amazing new features.

I've tried to make patch of the orginial changes, upgrade files and apply
it, most hunks failed. They've changed *a lot* in the code.

So, let's see what do we had in libmpdvdkit over the original libs:
- libdvdread 0.9.2's assert() bug workaround (assert() removed :))
  => afaik they've already fixed that in 0.9.3
- libdvdcss - title key cache, stored in ~/.mplayer/DVD-Keys/<discid>
  => some work, but shouldn't be so hard to merge
- libdvdcss - don't crack all keys at startup - only the required one
  => easy to apply, if needed at all (just an #if 0 at the right place)
- asserts removed
  => easy to apply
- everything compiled staticaly to mplayer, gcc optimizations enabled
  => easy to apply
- ported to many BSD variants, cygwin, darwin, maybe others too ?
  => dunno. they've ported it to some of these, at leats it seems it was
  ported to win32 (but msvc instead of cygwin??), darwin and freebsd...
  the maintainers of these ports should check it ASAP.

so, only the last may cause trouble if we do the upgrade. anywya it's the
most important one, especially few days/weeks before 0.90 release.
anyway i'm pretty sure there will be 0.90-pre7 too, with gui fixes and some
10l bug fixes.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team