[MPlayer-dev-eng] libavcodec/ffodivx bugs?

Daniel Egger degger at fhm.edu
Fri Aug 2 17:35:07 CEST 2002

Am Fre, 2002-08-02 um 13.53 schrieb Michael Niedermayer:

> some weeks? 7 month ago its still buggy ... but 8 month ago its fine

Then we're talking about a different problem.

> anyway the difference is the simple_idct, if i outcomment #define SIMPLE_IDCT
> in config.h then its fine too, so it seems that we have alot of encoders with
> buggy idcts :( i guess they all use the same or nearly the same idct
> algorithm, i guess we should make the idct runtime selectable ...

Uhm, I'm using a modified AltiVec IDCT from libmpeg2 which worked quite
fine until recently. Before that I had my own implementation which was
quite a bit off for some coefficients.

> > I've seen that green before when writing the AltiVec MC stuff and it
> hmm, altivec MC for ffmpeg? ... wheres the patch? send it to the ffmpeg ML and
> ill apply it

There're a few caveeats: It needs autoconf changes (for the mplayer
tree), a gcc 3.1 or later and it breaks every other week because of
alignment changes on the lavc side. At the moment it's broken and before
I can send it in I want to have that rock solid. (Incidently it always
breaks when I just was about to send out the patch.... :( At the moment
GCC CVS has some troubles, too so I cannot even compiler it).

That having said: If anyone wants to play with it feel free to ask for
the source, it's too big for the list I fear....

--
Servus,
       Daniel