[MPlayer-dev-eng] RPM package - features

Alex Beregszaszi alex at naxine.org
Mon Apr 29 19:22:09 CEST 2002

Hi,

> I know Debian is great, but I'm trying to build a package for RedHat
> and I can't require a package that is not in the distribution.
> Well, OK. It *is* on 7.1 Powertools CD, but since you guys require
> the codecs to be named i.e. vid_iv50.xa and not vid_iv50_1.0_linuxELFx86g21.xa,
> so there isn't much point anyway, is it?
User can overwrite codecs.conf, by us vid_*.xa is a symlink. We should
write this to the documentation too.

One possible solution would be that adding "joker-char" support to codecs.conf
parser, e.g.: "vid_iv50_*.xa" and it would use the first matching file.
- in the future -

The second is to write a little script.

-
alex