[MPlayer-dev-eng] RPM package - features

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Apr 29 18:09:16 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > So it should be good to include source for mga_vid into package (is it
> > possible/wise to do that?). User will be able to compile them without
> > downloading whole source code.
>
> Yes, it's the best solution. I'll isolate the drivers/ directory and put
> it in a separate package.
> Are there plans for further development of sis_vid, tdfxfb and mga_vid?

sis_vid was never developed, just inherited from mpeg2dec. it's already very
obsolete.

mga_vid is used, and is developed.
there is mga_vid vidix port, but it's buggy and i don't like vidix so i'll
keep kernel module version

tdfxfb is in the kernel, not mplayer thing
we just support it

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team