[MPlayer-dev-eng] Runtime CPU detection and fastmemcpy

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Sun Apr 28 14:33:33 CEST 2002

On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 12:06:12PM +0200, Gabucino wrote:
> > Arpi, is there any interest to make libmpdvdkit as dlopen'ed thing like
> > libcss.so in "old style DVD support"? Of course you can use the old
> > static and dynamic link as well besides this libdl supported scheme
> What about help_mp-hu-vers.h at last? ;) Or some mplayer sci-fi novel :)
> BTW, why dlopen() mpdvdkit? Just for packaging? IMHO it's not worth..

Maybe you're right but imho this is for protecting ourself. CSS and derived
works are quite sensitive point of law, you know ... Maybe it should be
better not to include in MPlayer AT LEAST in released future deb/rpm/etc
packages ... However many people does not need dvdkit since they don't have
got DVD drive, so it's quite pointless to eg dynamic linkage against
libmpdvdkit, the only remaining solution is use dlopen which allows to HAVE
DVD support in mplayer BUT does not need to install libmpdvdkit till user
does not need it. Or whatever :) This was only an idea, but I think runtime
can imagine that it can be usefull for the other DVD stuff (I mean
libmpdvdkit) as well. Ideas, thought? Maybe I will do it, if Arpi finds it
usefull and don't reverse my commit :)

- Gábor