[MPlayer-dev-eng] FreeBSD patches (was Re: [mplayer-users] Bug in compilation)

Bjoern Fischer bfischer at Techfak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Thu Apr 25 08:20:35 CEST 2002

Hello,

> > what are these patches?
>
> Attached. Those are for 0.60.1. I'm also attaching the port's
> Makefile.
>
> > why aren't they sent to -dev-eng to be incldued?

Watch out. These are raw FreeBSD patches from a "port". These
patches are destructive, i.e. they break support for other
operating systems.

One can obtain information from them on how to adapt the original
software (mplayer in this case) so that it will compile on FreeBSD
w/o these patches.
    But IMHO the port maintainer should do that work and supply
ready-to-commit-patches to the maintainer of the original software.

-Björn