[MPlayer-dev-eng] dvd sound sync

Sam Clegg samc at superduper.net
Mon Apr 22 15:25:05 CEST 2002

Not sure if I should post this to the users list.  Apologies
if it's the wrong list.

I have noticed that when using the CVS version of mplayer to
play DVDs the sounds seems to 'slip'.  By this I mean that
even after correcting it with +/- is gets more out of sync
the more the DVD plays.

The last version I have that didn't do this was 0.6.  Anyone
else seen this?

Secondly, and this is probably just my fault for wanting to
use the CVS head, I have also noticed that mencoder can no
longer rescale my DVDs as they are ripped.  This is a more
recent development (a week or so ago it stopped working).
I can post the output is anyone wants it.  Has anyone else
found that most DVDs need to be rescaled or the resulting
divx file is vertically stretched?  The docs say this is true
for vcds.

Thanks for a great piece of linux s/w

sam
--
sam clegg
email: samc at superduper.net
www  : http://www.superduper.net
gpg key : http://www.superduper.net/~samc/key.gpg
$superduper: .signature,v 1.2 2001/11/26 19:49:33 samc Exp $