[MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch] lavc ME parameter handling cleanup & 2 little fixes

Juan J. Sierralta P. juanjo at atmlab.utfsm.cl
Mon Apr 22 06:10:48 CEST 2002

On Sun, 2002-04-21 at 21:56, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> > - use symbolic names instead of numbers in this array.
> good idea, but as i said the table is useless ...

	Maybe for you, it's a nuisance since every program could have its own
table, but since the libavcodec's user probably don't know what ME is
better he could use it....
	Also with Rémi's patch it makes more sense.... anyway Rémi mencoder's
patch show that the table could be usefull :)

> hmm, are u sure full_search outperforms epzs, did u try it? ;) i bet epzs is
> slightly better

	In most common sequences its slighty better, in others not so common
not. Also full ME is buggy since it's clipping isn't optimal.
	I have some graphs comparing ME methods if anyone wants them I can send
them by private email...

--
Juanjo sin .sig :(