[MPlayer-dev-eng] planned pre-release date

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Apr 16 00:16:38 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > Maybe you already know, if not, here is it:
> > I want to make a pre-release up at apr. 20, saturday this week.
> > Why?
> > - it will be the main test of the new mirror at Pontscho's school.
> >   i doubt that mphq can handle all the traffic of downloading release
> >   (due to limited bandwith, and statistics from 0.60 downloads)
> Hi Arpi!
> Could you tell us whats the peak and average download volume from
> mphq? Just for interest (and *maybe* mirror).

after 0.60pre and 0.60 final it was around avg. 300kbyte/sec for ~ 3 weeks
(~ 60000 downloads of tarballs and >2000000 hits on web).
since that it's between avg 100..200 kbyte/s.

no special peak load, as there are always ~20-50 users downlaoding something
slowly so even in 5min avg (MRTG) it's always under 300-400 kbyte/s.

and note it was 0.60...
at 0.50 it was ~100 kbyte/s, so we may expect 500k+ for next release
and >300 concurrent connections...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team