[MPlayer-dev-eng] fixing mencoder

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Wed Apr 10 21:33:17 CEST 2002

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 07:53:56PM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > this morning i committed a patch that provides a temporary fix to
> > mencoder, which has been broken by the new video filter system. i'd
> > like to get it fixed properly, which seems to involve moving the
> > encoder initialization to mencoder vo's config function, but so far
> > this seems not to be working. i'm attaching a patch that's my work so
>
> the solution will be moving codecs out from mencoder.c, to ve_*.c in
> libmpcodecs. i've code on this, but i'm waiting for alex's muxer
> layer to finish and commit. but he is unreachable nowdays :(
> even the mails came back with error :(

wow, will this mean we'll have mpeg output, etc. in addition to avi?
that'll be great, especially for people wanting to make vcd's and
stuff.

anyway, i guess i'll leave things as they are for now. let me know if
the hack i put in mencoder is ok as-is -- i just made it always add a
format filter converting to yv12 when the encoder is lavc or divx, and
force out_fmt to yv12. this seems to work fine for me.

rich