[MPlayer-dev-eng] OSD rendering

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Apr 9 11:03:52 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > comments?
>
> Just one - the osd should be able to draw osd parts to different
> surfaces
> depending on ?libvo? request with different image format. So we will
> be able to call new version of draw_text with flags like draw_progbar,
> draw_subtitles, draw_menu, draw_all and specify proper surface for
> drawing.
> Let's say RGB framebuffer for subtitles and timer (to fill black
> borders)
> and progbar&menu to overlay (over YV12 video).

agree
with new method, you will have different type of osd elements,
we just have to add a mask to draw_osd to limit which elements to paint
i also want to make it possible to pass a rectangle, and it should
only update osd in that area, but it needs some code for clipping.

and, for black background, we can disable alphablending, as it does
nothing but eats cpu

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team