[MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch] dvd navigation for 20020402

Kees Cook mplayer at outflux.net
Tue Apr 2 22:18:36 CEST 2002

On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 10:07:09PM +0200, Jonas Jermann wrote:
> > - disables caching similar to "-nocache" if using dvdnav
> I couldn't watch my dvd without cache, it was just to jerky..

Yeah, this is a currently unsolvable problem.  libdvdnav provides a
stream with events in it, so we can't really cache it.

One idea I'm pondering is opening the DVD twice.  Once with libdvdnav for
the events, and once through regular mplayer methods.  I'm not sure if
that's a hack, or a reasonable way to do it.  I'd rather not shove all of
libdvdnav into mplayer just to use their VM.

> > - Menu highlighting is still a line-drawing hack, but at least something
> >   is visible.
> I didn't get any highlighting at all (old patch), but that was
> probably my mistake...

old patch didn't have anything.  This new patch requires that you move the
menu selection at least once (with H, J, K, or L).

> Something really strange was the binding of the key 'M' (for
> menu). It somehow didn't work (?).
> N,b,V,m... worked, but not M, it didn't even printed a message.
> (no, I didn't mentioned M in input.conf). Probably again my fault.

I noticed this too.  Really strange.  If my focus was the xterm I ran
mplayer from, the M got through.  If it focused on the window playing the
dvd, the M was ignored.  No clue.

--
Kees Cook                                            @outflux.net