[MPlayer-dev-eng] Mencoder question

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon Apr 1 17:05:22 CEST 2002

On Mon, Apr 01, 2002 at 06:47:32AM -0800, d ostrom wrote:
> hi,
>
> i've been trying to get mencoder to encode multiple .vob files into one .avi
> file.  althought im only able to encode the first .vob file in the sequence
> into an avi file.  i've read through the docs and searched around on the
> site, but have been unable to find an answer to my problem.  the following is
> the command i am using.
>
> cat /mnt/win_f/dvd/theorder/*.vob | mencoder
> /mnt/win_f/dvd/theorder/vts_01_1.vob -divx4opts br=1100 -oac mp3lame -x 480
> -y 384 -o movie.avi -pass 1

first of all, this is the wrong list; you should be posting stuff like
this to users. second, just think for a second...if you pass mencoder
a single filename, it's going to encode from that file, not read
stdin. try putting a - on the command line there instead. this is not
a question about mencoder, it's a basic unix usage question.

sorry for being a bit harsh, but everyone else here would just tell
you to rtfm and/or post to mplayer-users, so i hope this helps a
little.

rich