[MPlayer-dev-eng] Error in Docs

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Sep 26 00:54:43 CEST 2001

Hi Gabucino,

the docs say that mandrake's gcc 3.0.1 was compiled with gcc 2,96 and because
of that is shit.
I think this is wrong, as far as I'm concerned a compiler is bootstrapped,
which means it's first compiled with the current compiler (which could be gcc
2.96) but after that build it recompiles itself and checks for
differences/errors.

The compile problems on mandrake seem to be according to kabi due to missing
header files for gcc 3 (so it's using outdated ones, I think).

If you want I can mail back with kabi to clearify this stuff and correct the
docs.
--
Best Regards,
	Atmos