[MPlayer-dev-eng] Audio synchronization

Eric Anholt eanholt at gladstone.uoregon.edu
Sun Sep 23 23:46:48 CEST 2001

-nobps fixed the synchronization, thanks. (although, it seems to get a little
out of sync for a bit after fast-forwarding, but then recovers.  odd.)

I've got the code to the point that it works on my Celerons with all the cpu
opimizations enabled (3dnow, sse, mmx, etc).  Of course, most of them are
disabled during runtime so I can't tell for sure if they still work.  I'm
going to be installing FreeBSD on my P3 laptop and trying it out (giving up
on RH7.1 after finding it had the broken gcc) to check if SSE is working.
I'm sure it's not completely right, because I don't have an MMX2 test in the
CPU detection iirc.  The file is at
http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~eanholt/mplayer/mplayer-step1.tar.gz for anyone
interested.  The code also will not work on non-cpuid-capable machines right
now, as I just don't know the assembly necessary to get the cpuid detection
working right.

The goal of this is to be able to make a single package of mplayer that is
fast on as many cpu combinations as possible.

--
Eric Anholt
eanholt at gladstone.uoregon.edu