[MPlayer-dev-eng] Patch: Overriding XDisplay size

Waba wabasoft at yahoo.fr
Fri Oct 26 22:45:18 CEST 2001

Hello,

First, thanks for making the best movie player on Linux IMHO.

I had only one problem, due to my unusual screen configuration :

My nVidia card (with twinview) reassemble my two monitors (1152*864 and
800*600) in one big virtual screen (1152*1464).
Since MPlayer centers the frames (when using XWindows) from the resolution
given by the X server, the movie was splitted, one part on each monitor, that
wasn't very nice to see :)

So after hours of searching, I found out I had to modify the output drivers
along with the windowing system (for the GUI).

So I've added two options in the configuration, ovr_x_x and ovr_x_y, they
override the X width and height, respectively. This may not be the best
names, feel free to :s///g it in the patch file, it shouldn't take long.

I've modified the 3dfx, DGA, sdl, x11 and xv drivers (and the Gui/wm/ws.c),
but I've only tested the sdl, x11 and xv (the others aren't
available/applicable here, sorry), they work fine.

As a side effect the GUI window is placed accordingly with the overriden
size, not the real one, which I prefer since the right bottom part of my big
virtual screen isn't diplayed anyway.

I'm verified satisfied of the result I got, I hope it'll help others in
similar cases.

Maybe I should have patched against CVS, but it should work anyway unless
you've made big changes.

Waba