[MPlayer-dev-eng] Proposal: useful feature for TVout

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Oct 20 20:35:33 CEST 2001

On Saturday, 20. October 2001 19:20, Gabucino wrote:
> Yo!
>
> I'm watching TV with mga_vid on matrox framebuffer, so it doesn't know
> what resolution to use, I have to specify it with -x and -y, and calculate
> aspect myself.
>
> What I thought about: there should be options to specify the TV's mode
> like: -tvxres 720 -tvyres 576 or similar, and the aspect code would handle
> the rest (ratio calc., zooming, etc)
>
> Maybe a -tvaspect option is needed, similar to -monitoraspect ?
>
> And of course a -tvmode option to enable all this method (since the monitor
> should still be usable, without reediting config file).
>
> What do you think?

simply set your framebuffer res to 720x576 (im sure your ard supports that
mode, at least my s3 card does) and then use current aspect code with mga
driver (it's currently not used there), it will result in that mga vo driver
will now that 720x576 res is physically 4:3 and will scale correctly
regarding to that.
> p.s.: the cursor should be turned off on framebuffer. It's very annoying
there was a patch imho for fbdev driver that switched it to graphics mode,
were this is disabled, search the mailinglist (and mga fb alsoi allows it to
be disabled at boottime, check kernel docu).

--
Best Regards,
	Atmos