[MPlayer-dev-eng] What happened to deinterlacing?

marpet at linuxpl.org marpet at linuxpl.org
Tue Oct 16 15:10:10 CEST 2001

On Tue, 16 Oct 2001 14:07:23 +0200 Felix Buenemann <atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> > > check if it works with the 0.50 release, if not maybe Ivans changes to
> > > interlaced code wer faulty.
> >
> > no, it does not work on 0.50pre3
> >
> try current mplayer-cvs and playback your file with mplayer -pp 0x20000
> blah.mpg it should give you perfect deinterlacing (other values to play with
> are -pp 0x10000 and -pp 0x80000)

cool :-)

seems that it works this way.

The 0x20000 seems the most smooth, but leaves some 'ghostlike' artifacts.
0x10000 and 0x80000 don't have that effect but are a little more 'noisy',
that apparently is a side effect of the quality of my 'reference' clip
:-)

Question: is the postprocessing optionset going to standarize in some
way? Currently it is a bit messy - any ideas where it is going to go?

The other thing - how can I test the new pp code (nicknamed GPL
postprocessing ;-) - are there any 'secret' options like the above which
would allow me to playback clips with the use of various pp algos?

regards and thanks for friendly response :-)

--
Marek Pętlicki <marpet at linuxpl.org>
Linux User ID=162988