[MPlayer-dev-eng] Documentation: video.html patch

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Oct 14 18:46:04 CEST 2001

Hi,

> As I've found not every debeloper have write access to main/DOCS subfolder.
> In this connection - I've done patch for video.html file.
> Please apply!

Gabucino asked to limit DOCS write to him.

> +<br>>Hello!
       ^-this won't be ok in HTML

> +<br><br>From other side - we could have a chance to have TV-out support through
> +- it's unreachable on practice. Finely every access to IO space causes exception
> +and driver attempts to emulate even VESA calls instead passing them to native
> +int_10h handler.
>  </P>

is it possible to enable TVout using VESA bios calls?
dosemu and some other projects has code for handle VESA calls from linux.
I also used them in dosrunner.

They run small program (actually it's a gate between your program and
DOS/bios), catching exceptions (privileged port access etc) and emulate them
if allowes (if port range is ok, do port r/w emulating the problematic
instructions else skip them). There is also a handy library (called LRMI)
for this. Of course, it requires root.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu