[MPlayer-dev-eng] configure: cleanups + bugfix for MT

pl p_l at gmx.fr
Fri Oct 12 01:28:14 CEST 2001

Hi,

cleanups applied to configure and Makefile

On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 10:28:52PM +0200, Arpi wrote:
[...]
> > Bugfix for building MT version (it is in the enclosed patch):
> > AFAIK for Linux, too, the CFLAG -D_THREAD_SAFE should be added (same
> > thing as -D_REENTRANT  - check in /usr/include/feature.h).
> what does it exactly mean? as mplayer is single thread program, it
> should work, but it isn't really reentrant (uses lots of global vars)

Well... I don't have checked further but since there are
pthread_create() and mplayer is linked against -lpthread, this
-D_THREAD_SAFE should be used. (It was already there for *BSD so I did
not look further)

When you use this flag, it redefines errno on a per-thread basis (among
other things) and defines reentrant functions (blah_r).
If you don't, all your threads will write in one global errno value (for
instance).

> btw. are you intereste din rewritting ./configure script to use functions
> and also some cleanup... i've collected suggested changes earlier in a mail.
> current one is bigger and bigger every day and it's messy. and the messages
> printe dby it are sometimes confusing or simply bad (see c++ test results
> for example)
Send the suggestions, I'll try and integrate them.

--
Regards,
  pl