[MPlayer-dev-eng] Postprocessing in GPL

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Oct 11 10:39:13 CEST 2001

Hi,

I tested the postprocessing code and this are my conclusions:

1. IMHO C++ dependancy is a bad thing and unneeded in this case:
the only real cpp thing iss the bool type, same thing can be achieved in C
with something like typedef enum boolean {false,true} boolean.

2. What is the brightness filter good for? In some of my movie samples it
actually degraded image quality by making it too bright.

2a. I have a sample movie were the brightness changes form bright to dark
from one frame to the next, this seems to be bug/rounding error/whatever.

2b. On another movie that I used to check how good deblocking works, I can
see that the brightness filter is only used on 236 of 240 vertical pixels so
there stays a 4 pixel high dark band on the bottom of the picture,I guess
also a bug.

3. Great Work! =) MPlayer always needs asm coders.

4. To Arpi: now we need access to the qscale arrays for libavcodec, maybe you
can hack it in (or junto or gerard) and isit possible to also use the pp
filters together with divx4?
--
Best Regards,
	Atmos