[MPlayer-dev-eng] Postprocessing in GPL

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Wed Oct 10 08:25:50 CEST 2001

On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 10:03:31AM +0400, Nick Kurshev wrote:
> Hello, Michael!
> On Wed, 10 Oct 2001 03:59:59 +0200, you wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I rewrote the postprocessing code, and added mmx/mmx2 optimizations, so the
> > postprocessing copyright stuff should be solved, no clue about any patents
> > though
> >
> Great, but why you've ignore 3dnow optimizations?

Nice :)
If someone is in charge of knowledge about OpenDivX integration inside MPlayer,
please answer if it will be possible to make OpenDivX native codec optional,
eg removing from source without loosing any MPlayer feature (OK, de -vo odivx
switch will be disabled, and you have to user another codec to view an opendivx
movie). Because if it is, it will be possible to remove OpenDivX or at least
making it optional, so MPlayer CAN BE true GPL software without breaking GPL
(nowdays MPlayer BRAKES GPL, since OpenDivX is not GPL, and it's integrated
into a basically GPL source). So if it becomes true, MPlayer can be changed
to GPL, _if_ other problems are solved described Arpi, me and others in the
last thread on mplayer-users :)

BTW, I'm now going to try to get my driving license today!! Please everyone
pray for some help from the heaven (or from the hell, it's up to you :)
Thanx.

- Gabor

--
 --[ Gábor Lénárt ]---[ Vivendi Telecom Hungary ]---------[ lgb at lgb.hu ]--
 U have 8 bit comp or chip of them and it's unused or to be sold? Call me!