[MPlayer-dev-eng] AC3-surround patch

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Nov 28 15:09:01 CET 2001

On Wednesday, 28. November 2001 12:17, you wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Felix Buenemann wrote:
> > I've already uploaded AC3TEST.VOB to mphq/.../ac3test/, do you have
> > mplayer developer ftp access? (The file doesn't play normally, but
> > -dumpaudio works, you can then play that stream with a52dec -o oss6 or
> > whatever)
>
> But then the channel swapping will be an a52dec/liba52 issue?
>
> With a quick look in the liba52 docs it looks like the liba52 library
> doesn't output the channels in the L/R/Ls/Rs/C/LFE order.  The library
> itself sends back the 5.1 mix as LFE/L/C/R/Ls/Rs.
>
> So most probably using a52dec to the emu10k1 driver:
>
>   fx8 will be LFE
>   fx9 will be Left
>   fx10 will be Center
>   fx11 will be Right
>   fx12 will be Rear L
>   fx13 will be Rear R

The reason for me hearing LFe was that LFE is anounced by the Speaker on left
front channel, but the low frequency signals go via the rear speakers, like I
configured!

I played some arround and my config is now:
---8<---
#!/bin/sh
emu-dspmgr -x -z
emu-dspmgr -y
emu-config -a
# Front L
emu-dspmgr -a"fx8:Front R"
# Front R
emu-dspmgr -a"fx9:Front L"
# Rear L
emu-dspmgr -a"fx10:Rear R"
# Rear R
emu-dspmgr -a"fx11:Rear L"
# Center
emu-dspmgr -a"fx12:Front"
# LFE
emu-dspmgr -a"fx13:Rear"
---8<---
is this also the right order for your code? (this is correct for a52dec)

- Front L signal is routed to Front R which plays back on left front speaker.
- Front R signal is routed to Front L which plays back on right front speaker.
- Rear L signal is routed to Rear R which plays back on left rear speaker.
- Rear R signal is routed to Rear L which plays back on right rear speaker.
- Center is routed to Front and played back on both front speakers.
- LFE is routed to Rear and played back on both rear speakers (announcement
of LFE channel is on Front L signal, LFE signal itself on both rear speakers,
 I guess because LFE subwoofer couldn't play it [too high frequency])

--
Best Regards,
	Atmos