[MPlayer-dev-eng] Opensource divx4!

Vladimir Kushnir vkushnir at Alfacom.net
Thu Nov 22 23:35:31 CET 2001

Hi all,
If anybody's interested (and knows more than me) please take a look at
http://www.videocoding.de
They continue development of opendovx project where ProjectMauo left it.
The decore lib doesn't seem to be changed much (mplayer
recognizes it as divx4 and I can use this as such but it isn't
optimized) but with their encore2 library I can at least compile and ryn
mencoder under FreeBSD (after some minor tweaking). So now I can
recompress some of my old VCDs into divx4. BTW, mencoder's doing beter job
at recompression than everything else I tried - thanks, A'rpi!

Regards,
Vladimir
--
Vladimir Kushnir - vkushnir at Alfacom.net