[MPlayer-dev-eng] network streaming layer updated.

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Nov 21 00:35:30 CET 2001

Hi,

> > > BTW, the HTTP streaming is still working but the ASF MMS streaming
> > > still doesn't worki for now, I might have an idea why, but I need more
> > > time to investigate on it. I will let you know.
> > > And there is no more prebufferization for now, I will also work on this.
> >
> > hmm. why? cache2 should do that.
>
> Once the enable_cache function is called the movie will start to be played.
> I need to fill the cache with a certain amount of data before starting playing
> the movie. This will allow avoid to hang the movie on a network congestion.
> In ASF for example they provide the amount of data to bufferize before
> starting playing, that the preroll field in the asf properties object.
> I tried to pass the -cache option in the command line, but the display didn't
> start, and I don't have time for now to investigate more.

Ah i understand now. I also experienced it playing back from a slow (slower
than required) source. It's even worse with audio.
So i planned to add a switch to set how many % of buffer should be filled if
it gets empty. I forgot about this but i'll add it soon then.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu