[MPlayer-dev-eng] DirectFB and mplayer

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Nov 19 00:03:55 CET 2001

Hi,

> You say it won't be thread-safe, but you'd accept patches to make it
> thread-safe, right? or would there be any drawbacks for that?
maybe. if it's small patch and is not messy and has no sleed loss.

> How much time do you think it would take to make it thread-safe?
i think it's impossible to do, without big rewrite and design changes of
the code, as it mainly uses globals for everything and has 0 locking.

> I'm eager because DirectFB and Mplayer would (will ;) make a GREAT couple!
why can't you use multiple processes for that? we hate threads and they
are always unstable and very problematic.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu